When we hear about casement window a few questions pop up in our minds, what is a casement window? how to remove a casement window, how to install an air conditioner in a casement window, or how to remove the screen from a casement window? Are casement windows more expensive? So if you are looking for a great window for your home and you heard about casement windows but you don’t have enough information to finally take the decision and acquire them. Today is this blog post, we will explain the benefits, features of a casement window, and everything you need to know about it! Casement windows are a beautiful addition to any home, as they are easy to open and close and can provide you with clear views of the outdoors. And if you are looking for a window that offers ventilation, a casement window is the right choice for you because these windows are usually used in places that require maximum ventilation, such as a kitchen or a bathroom. Casement windows are also commonly used in sitting rooms seeing as they provide unobstructed views of the outdoors.
How to remove casement window?
If you are planning to renovate your window model, you will have to remove this window and bring in a contemporary look, so how to remove a casement window? We’ll summarize the process of removing the casement window for you in 4 steps:
- Step 1: Crank the window open and bring the long arm of the track to the center then press down to release.
- Step 2: Now crank the track arm under the silk cover flat screwdriver in the stainless-steel clip.
- Slide back and remove off of the sash bracket wind under the wooden silk cover.
- Step 3: Now it’s either going to be a compression fit or you’ll have the similar stainless-steel clip that was used on the operator bracket flat screwdriver close to the rivet! Apply upward pressure, and swing arm out of the way same on the upper hinge screwdriver above, downward pressure and release the arm, hold on the window.
- Step 4: At this point, slide the window towards the center disengaging the plastic glides out from the frame, and remove the window!
How to install an air conditioner in a casement window
Before we explain how to install an air conditioner in a casement window, here are some conditions you need to consider first:
- Is your electrical system adequate?
- Is your window frame and sill sound?
- Is your window wide enough?
If so, the installation will be easy and efficient and you can it from inside your home. Now follow these steps:
- Remove your AC carefully from the box, measure the width of your window and mark the center with a pencil because marking the spot will make it easier for you to install the air conditioner and ensure the side panels equally reach both sides of your window.
- Open your window. If a weatherstrip is provided by the manufacturer, you can install it right away. These strips block any air that might pass through tiny cracks and protect your window from possible damage when you’re installing the air conditioner.
- Slide the panels into the appropriate place on your unit and secure the adjustable panels into your window AC using provided screws. Connect all the screws to avoid any gaps that might lead to warm air and pollution in your home.
- Now, it’s time to lift the AC, but we recommend you ask for someone’s help in this even if you can lift it yourself, as it’s safer to have an extra set of hands to close the window and secure the air conditioner.
- Pick up the air conditioner and center it in your window. Then tightly close your window on top of it, there should be a spot where the window easily slides into place. Once you close the window, your AC should be securely in place.
- The hard part is done! What you need to do now is just securing everything and finishing up. Given that most models include at least one L bracket to hold the window securely in place, screw the L brackets to the top of the opened window. This prevents the window from being pushed u
- Add the window padding to the sides of your open window, if no padding came with your model, just extend the side panels to reach your window and attach both side panels to your window using the screws from your manufacturer.
You’re done! Plugin and turn on your air conditioner. You should by now feel it cooling your room!
How to remove the screen from casement window?
To remove the screen, you need to involve your two hands! And to do so you’ve got to pull the plungers, tabs, or locks located on the screen frame inward and out of the slots in the window frame. Grab the screen frame securely, then carefully bring the screen into your house.
Are casement windows more expensive than double-hung windows?
Casement windows are usually more expensive than double-hung windows, often twice as much and this can be attributed to the more complex mechanical operations of casement windows.